Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery
Our oculoplastic ophthalmologists possess a unique combination of skills that allows them to perform facial plastic surgery, in addition to eyelid, orbital, and lacrimal surgery. Eyelid surgery is usually an outpatient procedure performed under local anesthesia.
Eyelid surgery is a common method of treatment for
- Entropion Inward turning of the eyelid
- Ectropion Outward turning of the eyelid
- Ptosis Drooping of the eyelid
- Brow Ptosis Drooping of the forehead
- Eyelid tumors Such as basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma.
- Anterior Orbital Tumors
- Thyroid-Related Ophthalmopathy Vision problems caused by atypical regulation of the thyroid hormone resulting in problems associated with the structure surrounding the eye and the area within the orbit.
In addition to reconstructive procedures, Ophthalmology Associates offers an array of safe and effective aesthetic procedures that can rejuvenate your face.
Aesthetic procedures include
- Blepharoplasty Look well rested, more awake, and youthful with eyelid surgery
- Browlift Erase frown lines and angry-looking furrows
- Botox® Injections Smooth out facial wrinkles, forehead creases, frown lines between the eyes and crow’s feet
At Ophthalmology Associates of San Antonio, you will receive superior care from our eye doctors. Their well-developed aesthetic sense and years of experience lifting eyelids and brows have made them a favorite among patients seeking a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance. You can rest easy knowing that the delicate skin, muscles, and nerves, in and around your eyes, are in the care of a trained eye care professional.